Ice is the finishing touch to any cold drink and the quality of ice can leave a lasting impression. Hoshizaki IM machines not only produce ice cubes in five different sizes but also Special Ice like Ball Ice, Star- and Heart shaped Ice, Big- and Long Cube. The ice is exceptionally hard and crystal clear and melts very slowly, allowing customers to enjoy their cooled drinks longer.
Ice cubes are available in the following sizes
|Extra large||32 x 32 x 32 mm|
|Large (standard):||28 x 28 x 32 mm|
|Medium/ Large (23):||28 x 28 x 23 mm|
|Medium (25):||25 x 25 x 23 mm|
|Small (21):||21 x 21 x 14 mm|
The unique IM range of ice makers is designed with hygiene as a priority and utilises a closed cell ice making system that has an automatic rinse and flush cycle. This means that, after every new batch of ice, the water reservoir will drain, rinse and then refill with fresh water.
1. With the water plate closed against the underside of the evaporator, the water circuit is closed to both outside contamination and water loss under normal circumstances. Importantly, each cube is made individually by a dedicated jet spray to ensure the highest possible ice quality.
2. As the ice cube slowly forms, the spray continues till the end of the cycle. No fresh water is required as the internal reservoir capacity is adequate for a full cycle of ice.
3. When the cube is fully formed, the electronic controller initiates a hot gas defrost cycle. The water plate opens and the hot gas slowly warms the evaporator. At this point, all remaining water from the ice making cycle is drained.
4. Eventually, the ice will drop from the evaporator into the ice bin. The water plate will be rinsed with fresh water to remove any remaining particles before it starts to close again. Fresh water continues to enter until the reservoir is full to enable a new freeze cycle to commence.
The easy to clean storage bin has high density foam injected insulation to slow down the ice melting, while a gasket on the insulated door ensures the tightest possible fit to prevent particles entering the storage bin that could contaminate the ice. Another valuable feature is the detachable, condenser air filter that can be easily removed for cleaning. A dirt-free air filter helps keep the icemaker performing at maximum yield as per the original design specification.
• Each ice cycle is made with fresh water
• The water plate is rinsed on every cycle
• Closed water circuit for ultimate contamination protection
• Stainless steel exterior
• Integrated door handles
• Removable door gaskets
• Easily cleanable air filter
• Foam injected polyurethane for outstanding insulation (HFC free)
• Ice machines are micro computer controlled
The ice production of the IM range varies from 22 – 720 kg in 24 hours. Even in high ambient temperatures, Hoshizaki IM machines are durable and reliable making them suitable across all sizes of bars, pubs, restaurants, cafes, sandwich shops, hotels etc.